In order for a printer to print your artwork correctly, it has to be able to interpret the images and data in your artwork file.
One common misstep that can cause label quality issues is outlining your file’s text. In order for printers or other computer/graphics systems that don’t have your font installed to properly interpret your file, you need to outline the text in your file.
This is a very easy process. It’s as simple as selecting an option prior to saving your file. Here’s exactly how to do outline fonts in Adobe Illustrator in 60 seconds or less.
Instructions for outlining fonts in Adobe Illustrator
1. Right click your art file
2. Open with Adobe Illustrator
3. Once opened, select all objects in your art (CRTL+A)
4. Choose Type > Create Outlines from the top menu
5. Your text is outlined! Now simply save as PDF using Adobe’s default print settings and you’re good to go.
And that’s how you outline your fonts in Adobe Illustrator. This will help give your printing company the necessary control over your artwork to ensure the color and clarity are exceptional.
Looking for a label printing manufacturer? LabelValue.com specializes in manufacturing custom printed labels for products, shipping, direct thermal and thermal transfer printers and more. Whatever labeling needs your business has, we can meet them.
Dymo 450 Printer
Dymo Shipping Labels
Keg Collar Labeling Requirements for Craft Breweries
- Oregon Universal Cannabis Symbol & Medical Grade Symbol Labeling Guide
- Seasonal Product Packaging: 10 Tips for Marketing Your Product This Holiday Season
- FAQ: How to Purchase Custom Printed Labels
- How to Create & Print PayPal Shipping Labels: 3 ways to print labels from PayPal w/troubleshooting guides
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding Artwork Guidelines for Print
- Artwork Help
- Custom Logos & Graphics Pre-Printed on Your Dymo Labels
- Florida’s Craft Brewing Industry Infographic
- How To Outline Fonts in Adobe Illustrator
- LabelValue.com Customer Rewards Program
- Shrink Sleeves, Custom Printed Shrink Sleeve Labels
- Tampa’s Label Printing Company: 5704 W. Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33634
- Why can’t I use JPEG images for printing high quality labels?