Summary Of Position
The HP Indigo Digital Press Operator is responsible for operation of the narrow-web HP WS6800 digital press and communicates between Pre-Press and Converting Operators to deliver printed labels and shrink sleeves to be converted into finished products. The Press Operator is responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the HP Indigo printing press.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and cleans the press regularly, as needed to ensure optimal print conditions and efficiency.
- Communicates daily with first shift lead operator.
- Proofs print files and reads job tickets thoroughly to correct as needed with supervisor before printing.
- Tracks and logs all activities through our MIS system.
- Maintains responsibility for quality of materials produced.
- Matches PMS colors, previous print samples as needed with assistance from Pre-Press team.
- Set up and change over of press from one job to another.
- Loading rolls onto press and unloading finished rolls from press.
- Getting ink, cores, and other supplies required.
- Responsible for the waste of materials used in production.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when press equipment needs repair work.
- Responsible for placing service calls with HP support when needed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HP Indigo presses (HP WS6800 experience a plus)
- Good communication skills
- Simple mathematical ability for reports and calculations required
- Computer literacy
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical skills
- Attention to detail
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-3 years in production field related to digital printing preferred
- High school diploma
- HP Operator 1 training desired
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package that consists of the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off
- Short term disability, long term disability and company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
To apply, please email your resume to Tim.Hutchinson@webcommercepartners.com.
For any questions, please call 800-750-7764.