- 800 750-7764
How to create a great food product label
The most important part of your packaging is the label. Without an amazing label, nobody's going to try the delicious recipe that's inside.
We want to make sure you create a custom label as amazing as your food, so here's a quick 10 step starting guide covering the important aspects of a food label design. Hopefully we can help spark some ideas, but ultimately, the coolness of the design rests on your creativity and ability to add personal touches.
1. Measure your food packaging and the area the label will cover.
2. Choose three words you want your design to convey.
3. Choose a color scheme that works with your logo.
4. Write down everything your label needs to include.
5. Choose an imaginative name for your food.
6. Think of an animal or object as a "mascot" for the product (e.g. the coca-cola polar bear).
7. Put it all together.
8. Add a joke or a super short version of your company's story if it's a neat story.
9. Simplify. Cut out anything that doesn't relate to the three words from step 2.
9b. Simplify again.
10. Get a custom food label quote!
And those are the steps on how to design a great custom food label. Getting stuck on anything? We have an amazing custom label team and a pretty darn talented graphic designer available.
Just give us a call or shoot us an email with your label requirements and what you're looking for. We'll help make sure you get the perfect custom label for your food product.
- How to Create Print Ready Artwork
- Custom Barbecue Sauce Labels
- Custom Beer Labels
- Custom Candle Labels
- Custom Candy Labels
- Custom Cannabis and CBD Labels
- Custom Coffee Labels
- Custom Cosmetic Labels
- Custom E-Liquid Labels
- Custom Essential Oil Labels
- Custom Food & Beverage Labels
- Custom Health And Beauty Labels
- Custom Hot Sauce Labels
- Custom Household Goods Labels
- Custom Industrial Labels
- Custom Lip Balm Labels
- Custom Lotion Labels
- Custom Nutraceutical & Supplement Labels
- Custom Promotional Labels
- Custom Seasoning and Spice Labels
- Custom Soap Labels
- Custom Water Bottle Labels
- Custom Wine Labels
- Customer Testimonials About Our Custom Labels
- Design Tool Webinar
- What is the Difference Between Direct Thermal Printing and Thermal Transfer Printing
- Do you make oil and water resistant labels
- Dymo LabelWriter Videos How To Load Your Printer
- E-Liquid Bottles Label Sizes
- Glossary of Label Terms
- Glossary of Wine Terms
- How To Apply Wine Bottle Labels
- How to clean your Dymo LabelWriter 450 Series Printer VIDEO
- How to create CD and DVD labels on your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to Use Our Design Tool
- How to load and print your Dymo compatible labels
- How to make business cards with your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to make holiday gift tags with your Dymo printer VIDEO
- How to print barcodes with your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to use Dymo Stamps VIDEO
- LabelWriter Printers Specs and Print Widths
- QR Codes on Custom Labels
- Rhino Industrial Printers Information
- Rhino Labels Information
- What are Essential Oils
- Where Can I Buy Ink for My Dymo Printer
- White Papers
- Zebra Desktop Printer Guide