- 800 750-7764
- Dymo File: Document Management Software
Dymo File: Document Management Software
The folks at Dymo describe Dymo File as the "Smarter way from paper to digital." Coinciding with the launch of the LabelWriter 450, LabelWriter 450 Turbo and LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo, a copy of Dymo FileLT is included. If you have ever wondered how to turn piles of paper into electronic files without significant expense, your solution has just arrived. Typically comparable solutions cost thousands of dollars, took weeks to master and were reserved for mid-sized businesses. Solutions for the paper problem are now affordable to the masses and useable for business as well as in the home. When we first had the opportunity to see this system in action we were excited. Now that we have begun using it, we just knew we had to share the details to benefit of our customers. We know you will love it too.
Dymo FileLT and its big brother Dymo File has been designed to look and feel like Windows and, in fact, acts as an overlay to the operating system adding document management functions. These ECM or Electronic Content Management solutions are robust in nature, yet simple to use. Dymo File is easy to configure with most desktop scanners or all-in-one printers with automatic document feeders and turns piles into files within seconds - it's truly is as simple as it gets. Lets explore further.
The program functions on the premise that you will create a reservation for the file which you will ultimately scan. Dymo File automatically retains all open reservations so files can be scanned at any time that is convenient for the user.
Select the location in which you file should be stored using standard windows navigation. Name your file and select the file type you wish to save. Keep in mind that if you are using a dedicated document scanner like the Fujitsu Scansnap or Kodak ScanMate, converting a printed page to a Microsoft Word File or PDF file is no sweat. Have a printed table, or financial document and want it to be stored electronically as a Microsoft Excel file? No worries. It's done in a flash.
Clicking the Create Reservation button will lock in your settings and will either print a cover page on your desktop printer, or if you are a LabelWriter user, will print a bar code label. This label is then applied to the first page of the document to be scanned. As if by magic, the patent pending Dymo Code technology ensures that when the document is scanned it will be linked to the reservation, and your file is stored with the name provided and in the location specified. Another benefit is a human readable description under the bar code which prevents labels from being applied to the working document during batch processing.
Also featuring predefined templates, Dymo File helps real estate agencies, medical, finance and legal firms get organized quickly and effectively.
Why Dymo File?
- Finding paper documents when needed can be a challenge.
- File cabinets take up space and are costly consider the rent paid to house them.
- Electronic files are easily searchable using standard utilities including the Google Desktop.
- Once scanned, these files can be shared on a network or Microsoft SharePoint site.
- It's a simple way to contribute to the widespread green initiatives.
- According to Lyris Research the average worker generates 2 pounds of paper waste per day.
- Each man, woman and child in the US uses 700 pounds of paper annually.
- Over 1.5 trillion pages of documents were printed in 2006.
- Files can be kept secure and confidential.
- Your data is your data. It is not held hostage like other ECM solutions, and you pay no fees to maintain the files. Remember the files are fully functioning as if originally created in your computer.
Dymo File, Dymo File LT? I'm confused.
Dymo File LT is the "light" version of Dymo File and comes with the Dymo Productivity Software Suite and is a fully functioning program which can scan up to 200 pages per month. Dymo File LT ships for free with the new Dymo LabelWriter 450, LabelWriter 450 Turbo, and LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo printers.
Dymo File is not limited to 200 pages per month of scanning and can up to 5000 pages with the Office version while the Professional version has no limitations. Not a LabelWriter owner but would like to try a 30-day free trial of Dymo File Office? Visit http://www.dymofile.com/store/free_trial.asp.
- Dymo File: Turn Piles into Files
- Dymo File for Law Firms
- Dymo File for Healthcare
- Dymo File for Finance
- LabelWriter 450 Series Printers
- LabelWriter 400 Series Printers
- Loading Dymo LabelWriter Labels
- Dymo Stamps FAQ
- Dymo Label Sizes
- Dymo Label Colors
- Dymo LabelWriter Reference Guide
Dymo Software & Drivers
- Dymo Label Software & Drivers
- DLS8: Dymo Label Software v8