Q: When I go to print shipping labels from eBay with my DYMO LabelWriter 4XL on my Mac, it only prints half the label. How do I fix this?
A: Ebay conveniently provides the ability to purchase and print a 4" x 6" shipping label for your packages. This is a very useful feature, however, if you've tried to print using default settings on your Mac, you've probably gotten less than desirable results, like the customer described above.
Luckily, you're not alone. Even better, there is a quick solution to this problem, just follow these simple instructions to get your shipping labels printing correctly.
1. Open your Text Edit Application.
Use the search icon in the top right of your Mac's screen and search "TextEdit". Open a new document.
2. Open Page Setup in TextEdit.
Navigate to File > Page Setup.
3. Select the Paper Size drop down and choose "Manage Custom Sizes."
File > Page Setup > Manage Custom Sizes
4. Name your profile by clicking on "Untitled" - I'm naming it Dymo Shipping Labels - and set the dimensions.
EBay shipping labels for the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL are 4" x 6". Enter this size into the width and length of the custom size. Then select non-printable area: Dymo LabelWriter 4XL. Set your margins to 0.
5. Close TextEdit.
Once you've set up your custom size, you can close out of TextEdit.
6. Open System Preferences and navigate to Printers and Scanners.
Now we need to apply the custom size setting to your printers settings.
7. Select the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL and set the default paper size to your new custom size.
System Preferences > Printers and Scanners > Dymo LabelWriter 4XL > Default Paper Size > Dymo Shipping Labels
8. Go to eBay's Print Shipping Label screen and print away.
Now you're ready to print your eBay shipping label with your LabelWriter 4XL. Just close out of your System Preferences and navigate to the eBay shipping label screen. If you already had this page open, make sure to refresh before you try to print again, so your browser can update the print settings you just changed.
And that's how you print your eBay shipping labels on your Dymo LabelWriter 4XL using a Mac. Have any more questions? Email us at email@example.com
and we'll be happy to help you in any way we can!