- 800 750-7764
Barcode Evolving To Meet Information Age's Needs
Since the first use of barcodes in the 1970's, society has dramatically changed. We now live in an age of endless information.
As consumers become more educated with information about where and how the items they purchase are created, purchasing habits have changed. However, the information that packaging and labeling provides is oftentimes still not enough.
Enter the barcode. For many years, barcodes have been somewhat one-dimensional. They are used as top-level identifiers.
Consumers now want to use their smartphones to read more granular information about the products they purchase, though. Currently, barcodes do not meet this need.
That's why many of the world's top retailers are joining forces to reinvent the barcode, in a way that will allow for unprecedented levels of information and transparency at the point of purchase.
According to Independent.co.uk, "GS1, a non-profit organisation that assigns the unique numbers in barcodes, has developed a double-layered barcode it calls the 'data bar' which can carry some extra details such as expiry date, quantity, batch or lot number."
This is the first step towards creating an evolved barcode that will allow concerned consumers to scan standardized information about the products they are purchasing.
- How to Create Print Ready Artwork
- Custom Barbecue Sauce Labels
- Custom Beer Labels
- Custom Candle Labels
- Custom Candy Labels
- Custom Coffee Labels
- Custom Cosmetic Labels
- Custom E-Liquid Labels
- Custom Essential Oil Labels
- Custom Food & Beverage Labels
- Custom Health And Beauty Labels
- Custom Hot Sauce Labels
- Custom Household Goods Labels
- Custom Industrial Labels
- Custom Label Testimonials
- Custom Lip Balm Labels
- Custom Lotion Labels
- Custom Nutraceutical & Supplement Labels
- Custom Promotional Labels
- Custom Seasoning and Spice Labels
- Custom Soap Labels
- Custom Water Bottle Labels
- Custom Wine Labels
- What is the Difference Between Direct Thermal Printing and Thermal Transfer Printing
- Do you make oil and water resistant labels
- Dymo LabelWriter Videos How To Load Your Printer
- E-Liquid Bottles Label Sizes
- Glossary of Label Terms
- Glossary of Wine Terms
- How To Apply Wine Bottle Labels
- How to clean your Dymo LabelWriter 450 Series Printer VIDEO
- How to create CD and DVD labels on your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to Use Our Design Tool
- How to load and print your Dymo compatible labels
- How to make business cards with your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to make holiday gift tags with your Dymo printer VIDEO
- How to print barcodes with your Dymo LabelWriter Printer VIDEO
- How to use Dymo Stamps VIDEO
- Custom Label Design Webinar
- LabelWriter Printers Specs and Print Widths
- QR Codes on Custom Labels
- Rhino Industrial Printers Information
- Rhino Labels Information
- What are Essential Oils
- Where Can I Buy Ink for My Dymo Printer
- White Papers
- Zebra Desktop Printer Guide